TRB 2023 Annual Meeting: Creating a Better Future, Together
As proud sponsors of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) 2023 Annual Meeting, we’re looking forward to connecting with our transportation clients and colleagues in person!
We invite you to attend one of our engaging professional development presentations, during which we’ll share stories of how we’re collaborating with clients, communities, and teaming partners to create a better future, together.
We hope you’ll join us in Washington, D.C., for the TRB 2023 Annual Meeting!
Pictured above: Lazelle Road Widening & Railroad Bridge Replacements, Columbus, Ohio
Join Our Events, Panels, and Presentations
Scoring Regional Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) Projects in the Central Florida Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Alliance
Monday, Jan. 9, 2023 | 8 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. EST
This presentation is part of Lectern Session 2003, Prioritizing Investments in Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO). The panel session will examine how state and metropolitan planning organizations are prioritizing investments in TSMO programs to achieve a broad range of goals, including reliability, safety, equity, multimodal use, and climate resilience.
The session will look at aspects creating a TSMO project evaluation and analysis structure, as well as integrating TSMO into long-range planning and programming. Panelists will share their experiences on these and other related topics. This session will consist of presentations followed by discussion questions from the moderator and audience.
Transportation-Related Noise and Vibration Committee
Monday, Jan. 9, 2023 | 8 a.m. – 12 noon EST
Committee Code: AEP80
The committee looks at transportation-related noise and vibration and evaluates alternative strategies and control techniques for reducing noise and vibration levels and for evaluating their environmental impact.
Rehabilitation of the Tuscarora Tunnel Progress Update – Tunnels & Underground Structures Committee
Monday, Jan. 9, 2023 | 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
Committee Code: AKB60
In service for more than 80 years, the twin-bore, nearly mile-long Tuscarora Mountain Tunnel needed significant improvements to maintain its functionality as a key passageway for the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Gannett Fleming evaluated the Tuscarora Tunnel’s existing conditions, recommended fire and life safety systems improvements, identified opportunities to reduce future maintenance and energy costs, and provided preliminary engineering and final design services. The project will make traveling through the tunnel safer, smoother, and more comfortable for the estimated 24,000 motorists who use it daily.
Current Topics in Transportation Noise and Vibration
Monday, Jan. 9, 2023 | 3:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
Lectern Session 2178
Attendees will learn about recent research on transportation-related noise and vibration with presentations on pavement noise, rail vibration, and community impacts of transportation noise.
Building Resilient Transportation Departments by Recruiting, Retaining, and Training the Workforce of the Future
Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023 | 3:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
Lectern Session 3184
Workforce development and management is an integral part of building a resilient department of transportation (DOT). The methods to recruit and retain the next generation of employees are changing longstanding approaches. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging efforts have spurred greater interest in the transportation space, which can be one facet of addressing the projected five-year retirement rate and higher rates of turnover that DOTs are experiencing.
This session brings together leaders who are meeting the workforce problem head-on through creative, cost-effective solutions that enable additional capabilities for DOTs. As part of this session, Gannett Fleming’s William Panos, former agency director, CEO, and board member of both the Wyoming and North Dakota Departments of Transportation, will present a Wyoming DOT perspective on agency administration.
Meet Key Gannett Fleming Team Members at the TRB 2023 Annual Meeting!
- Adam Alexander, INCE, ENV SP, Senior Noise and Air Quality Analyst
- Martha Averso, PE, ENV SP, Vice President, Facilities Business Line Area Manager
- Thomas Bice, PE, Vice President, Roadway Business Line Area Manager
- Katie Clever, PE, ENV SP, CBSI, Project Manager
- Ahmed El-Aassar, PhD, PE, ENV SP, Vice President, Noise and Air Quality Manager
- Jason Gardner, PE, Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Jeanette Hoekstra-Berk, Senior Planning Manager
- Michael Holder, PE, Vice President, Transportation Services
- Carrie Long, AICP, Senior Transportation Planner
- Laurie Matkowski, PMP, Director of Connected and Automated Vehicle Services
- Russell Micsky, PE, Project Manager
- Ister Morales, PE, PMP, Senior Manager, Management Consulting
- Matthew Morris, PG, Vice President, Geotechnical Practice Leader
- Derek Mostoller, PE, NCTI, CBSI, Vice President, Project Manager
- Keith Mullins, Vice President and Business Line Leader, Tolling
- John O’Har, PhD, PMP, EIT, Senior Technical Professional, Management Consulting
- William Panos, Senior Advisor, Integrated Risk Management
- Maria Pena, Project Manager and Senior Infrastructure Risk Analyst
- Eric Rensel, FLTA, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Stephen Rozyckie, PE, PTOE, Assistant Director of Transportation Operations and Planning
- Brian Seip, PE, CxA, LEED AP BD+C, CEA, REP, NCTI, ENV SP, Vice President, Electrical Practice Leader
- Charles Smith, Business Analyst, Management Consulting
- Patrick Son, PE, Senior Transportation Systems Management and Operations Engineer
- Sierra Tamm, Noise Analyst
- McEwan van der Mandele, Vice President, Safety and Security Services