Tastepoint Facility Renovations and Expansion
CUTTING-EDGE FACILITIES BOOST FLAVOR AND FRAGRANCE DEVELOPMENT CAPABILITIES FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER
Tastepoint by IFF, a product development partner known for empowering customers with a fresh take on taste, has completed an impressive series of strategic growth initiatives to expand its footprint. The effort included renovation and expansion of Tastepoint’s headquarters in South Philadelphia, as well as renovation of its manufacturing center in Northeast Philadelphia. Both projects successfully achieved the goal of creating brand-new spaces that optimize capabilities in flavor development and customer ideation.
Gannett Fleming provided programming, master planning, conceptual and final design, scheduling, and estimating services for the project, which used design-build delivery. Our firm helped establish the project scope to renovate approximately 22,000 square feet at the north facility, and 16,000 square feet at the south, along with an 8,500-square-foot addition. The development of an overall phasing plan allowed the team to understand the various interdependencies between the sites for the implementation of the work.
What We Did
The south facility now features a chef-appointed culinary kitchen and master baker-approved pastry arts lab, both with custom-designed equipment, to provide the ultimate customer experience through engagement, education, and collaboration. A new health concepts lab enables the testing of nutrition and health products for performance and stability. Additionally, dairy and beverage pilot plants and application labs were fully renovated. The space also features a newly updated analytical lab with gas chromatography-mass spectrometers to expand research capabilities.
A key goal of the project was to create spaces that not only facilitated effective operations but also created an open, light-filled, welcoming environment. The curved addition to the headquarters creates a memorable first impression for collaborators and other visitors. The design incorporated separate visitor and employee entrances for both facilities. The employee entrances include card-access security systems. In all, the work enables Tastepoint by IFF to stay continuously dedicated to flavor and end-to-end product development innovation.
- Programming and master planning established the scope of renovation and new construction to achieve client goals.
- Interior design created an inviting and efficient working environment throughout both facilities.
- New kitchen and lab spaces significantly expand opportunities for community engagement and education.
- Analytical lab spaces that accommodate gas chromatography-mass spectrometers increase research capabilities.
- Expanded flavor research and development capabilities.
- Facilities to test performance and stability of nutrition and health products.
- Entrance and interior design creates memorable experience for visitors.
Tastepoint by IFF