Fragrance Innovation Center Relocation
Relocation to Bell Works connects historied product creator to a legacy of innovation
Our Client’s Challenge
For nearly 130 years, a consumer product innovator has been a leading creator of flavors and fragrances for approximately 46,000 products worldwide. With 113 facilities spread throughout 37 countries, the company is driven to improve, upgrade, or expand its infrastructure while developing innovative, safe, and creative flavor and fragrance solutions.
The company identified the need to move and grow its U.S. consumer fragrance center. They partnered with Gannett Fleming to assist in developing site search criteria, a request for proposal, and a hierarchy matrix for the center’s relocation. Our team provided input and feedback for the proposed sites’ design and technical due diligence evaluation.
Our involvement led to selecting a 60,000-square-foot site in Bell Works, a two million-square-foot multiuse complex of technology, office, and retail spaces. Bell Works’ history is steeped in innovation and development. It is the former home of Bell Labs, where Nobel Prize-winning researchers developed inventions and theories. Located in Holmdel, New Jersey, this site provides our client with an upgraded space and improved amenities to support employee creativity and comfort.
For the facility design, Gannett Fleming assisted the design team as the company’s technical subject matter expert for laboratories and other specialty areas by:
- Helping to develop and implement standards for evaluation booths, where perfumers develop and test fragrances.
- Designing control sequences for the evaluation booths to support testing functions.
- Assisting with and supporting the booths’ commissioning.
- Performing milestone peer review evaluations to ensure the proposed design of the facility’s infrastructure systems met the company’s standards.
- Expanded evaluation booth space increases capacity, capability, and productivity.
- Dedicated air systems and controls of evaluation booths aid in developing fragrances for consumer products, such as air fresheners and laundry detergent.
Awards & Recognition
- Awards. Web part is hidden.
- The reimagined office space is a hub for innovative research and development.
- Bell Works connects the company to a legacy of innovation and forward-thinking.
- Upgraded space and improved amenities support employee creativity and comfort.
Architectural Design, Mechanical Design, Technical Subject Matter Expertise