Illinois Tollway Awards Construction Management Role on I-294 Project
LATEST EXAMPLE OF GANNETT FLEMING’S CHICAGO-AREA GROWTH
With the shared goal of creating a safe, efficient, and reliable transportation infrastructure for northern Illinois, the Illinois Tollway awarded the team of Gannett Fleming, Gonzalez Companies, and Burns & McDonnell a $25 million professional engineering services contract.
Under this contract, the team will provide construction management services for the roadway widening and reconstruction of the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) between Hinsdale Oasis (MP 25.0) to Ogden Avenue (MP 27.8). The construction contract associated with this work has a projected cost of more than $200 million.
The project team includes six additional disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) subconsultants and one veteran-owned small business firm. Gannett Fleming will participate in mentor-protégé arrangements with three of the subconsultant firms under the Tollway’s Partnering for Growth Program. The contract includes management, oversight, and all documentation required to complete the work. Construction is expected to start in November 2022.
“The Tollway’s $4 billion Central Tri-State Tollway (I-294) Project investment will greatly improve customer experience and mobility, providing congestion relief and state-of-the-art technology that can adapt to future transportation demands. This 2.8-mile stretch of I-294 between Hinsdale Oasis and Ogden Avenue is a component of the Central Tri-State reconstruction from Balmoral Avenue to 95th Street. Gannett Fleming is proud to be a partner in creating a better future for the Tollway’s transportation infrastructure,” said Jim Daum, PE, vice president and Chicago market executive.
Defining Chicago’s Transportation Infrastructure Since the 1980s
For over 40 years, Gannett Fleming has delivered comprehensive transportation solutions throughout the Midwest for airports, rail, transit, and roadways, becoming a trusted advisor to many clients, including:
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
- City of Chicago.
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
- Illinois Tollway.
- Amtrak and other Class I railroads.
- Multiple local government agencies.
Gannett Fleming embraces complex and challenging assignments, bringing planning, design, program management, and construction services expertise to the marketplace. Recent projects include:
- BNSF Bridge Over Tri-State (I-294) Tollway Rehabilitation / Reconstruction, which placed on the 2022 Railway Track & Structures’ Top Projects list.
- CTA Program Management Services for Infrastructure Core Program and Red and Purple Modernization.
- IDOT Construction Management Services for I-90 Kennedy Expressway Westbound Reconstruction.
- IDOT Construction Management Services for Jane Byrne (I-290) Interchange Reconstruction: Halsted Street & Harrison Street Bridges.
- Metra MDW Bridge Z-100 over the Fox River, earning a Merit Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Illinois 2021 Engineering Excellence Awards program.
- Union Pacific Railroad Bridge 3.49 Over Ashland Avenue Replacement, receiving an Honor Award from the ACEC of Illinois 2021 Engineering Excellence Awards (EEA) program.
Creating a Better Future, Together
Supporting diverse communities and teaming with disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned firms is fundamental to our success. We value our employees, acknowledge each person’s potential, and embrace and encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
For this reason, the Illinois Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (IS-ASCE) conferred on Gannett Fleming the 2021 Private Sector Employer Recognition Award.
Gannett Fleming’s culture of excellence, demonstrated through our growth and commitment to innovation, ethical business practices, and leading-edge technical delivery, is created by an engaged and passionate team of talented industry professionals.
For example, Anas Riyal, PE, CCM, a Chicago-based resident engineer overseeing one of our IDOT highway projects, recently remarked, “The Gannett Fleming team is professional, collaborative, and innovative. Working with this highly engaged team, and sharing their commitment to excellence, has been the highlight of my career.”
Want to join a team that prioritizes collaboration, innovation, and quality? Explore careers with Gannett Fleming in the Chicago area.