CEO Bob Scaer Named WTS Central PA Honoree for DE&I Leadership
Throughout his nearly 40-year career, Chairman and CEO Bob Scaer, PE, has championed diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) at Gannett Fleming and throughout the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry. As a result, WTS of Central Pennsylvania named Scaer this year’s Honorable Ray LaHood Award recipient.
According to WTS of Central PA, a chapter of WTS International, the Honorable Ray LaHood Award recognizes a male leader in transportation who has directly contributed to the advancement of women and minorities. WTS has a vision to achieve equity and access for women in transportation and a mission to attract, sustain, connect, and advance women’s careers to strengthen the transportation industry.
Bob Scaer accepts the WTS of Central Pennsylvania Honorable Ray LaHood Award.
“Gannett Fleming aligns with WTS’ vision and mission – we know the AEC industry isn’t where it needs to be yet, but we each have the ability to be agents of change in creating a more equitable society. An inclusive culture is better for our clients, our employees, and our communities,” said Scaer. “Among its many benefits, inclusion fuels innovation, results in more valuable solutions, and connects us through a shared sense of belonging.”
Scaer is at the helm of a firm that embraces DE&I. Some of the practical ways Gannett Fleming creates an equitable and inclusive workplace under Scaer’s leadership include:
- Required, companywide unconscious bias training.
- Four award-winning employee resource groups (ERGs) representing early career professionals, women, military veterans, and LGBTQ+ employees and allies.
- A successful mentorship program, Connected Relationships™.
- Companywide education about religious and cultural observances like Ramadan and Pride Month.
- A dedicated DE&I Steering Committee that monitors progress against key benchmarks and drives progress forward.
- Regular programming that elevates a wide range of employee voices and welcomes external experts to promote professional development and DE&I best practices.
The results? Gannett Fleming is currently home to the largest number of women and minority employees in its history, and more than 90% of employees say they would recommend Gannett Fleming as an employer.
Gannett Fleming employees with Bob Scaer after he received his award from WTS of Central Pennsylvania.
Would you like to join our innovative and inclusive team as we drive the AEC industry forward? Check out job openings, sign up to join our Talent Community, and apply today.