Gannett Fleming published its 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report with the theme, “Resiliency Realized,” which speaks to the firm’s sustainability successes and continuing evolution during a year that tested resiliency like never before.
The report highlights Gannett Fleming’s sustainability accomplishments across a variety of metrics, including:
- Decreased indirect greenhouse gas emissions from electrical usage at our corporate headquarters by 21% compared to the previous year (2019) and 47% compared to the 2010 baseline.
- Decreased direct emissions from natural gas combustion at our corporate headquarters by 18% compared to the 2010 baseline.
- Recycled nearly 23,000 pounds of paper at our headquarters.
- Reached an all-time high of $339,000 in donations toward our United Way campaign.
- Launched a fourth employee resource group, LGBTQ+.
- Formed a Working Parents and Caregivers Committee.
The report also features innovative projects that provided enduring solutions for our clients, including those in direct response to the global pandemic. For example, our geospatial technology division created interactive dashboards with near-real-time information on confirmed COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.
Though it was a turbulent year, Gannett Fleming stayed true to the cornerstone of its sustainability program, working toward a brighter future for employees, clients, and society. Read about it all in this year’s Corporate Sustainability Report.