Sources of water are becoming increasingly more difficult to develop, maintain, and sustain. Communities must overcome degrading quality and scarcity to ensure drought tolerance, fix aging infrastructure, and plan for future growth and climate change. We deliver integrated water resources services together with sound financial planning and IT solutions to help communities meet the complex challenge of ensuring safe, clean, reliable water supplies.
Protecting and Sustaining the World’s Water Supply
Since we opened our doors, we’ve led the way in water engineering, practical design, operations, and alternative delivery to select, execute, and deliver integrated water resource solutions on thousands of water projects.
Integrating technology, economics, sustainability, and compliance expertise, we provide comprehensive dam and levee design and rehabilitation, water resources planning, supply development, extraction and impoundment, facility and infrastructure design, and potable, reclaimed, and reuse water treatment.
Water & Wastewater Solutions
As a Top 20 U.S. water engineering firm, we help you solve water resource problems through a holistic approach that combines innovation, practical design, green initiatives, and a century of experience to return the best value for your investment.
Leadership & Awards
- Merit Award, 2020, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) California, Engineering Excellence Awards - WRD Albert Robles Center for Water Recycling and Environmental Learning Program Management
- Grand Conceptor Award, 2020, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), Pennsylvania, Engineering Excellence Awards - Pump Station 6 Design
- Cleantech Innovation Award, 2019, Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster - R. Steven Biggs Regional Wastewater Pretreatment Facility
- Top Project Award, 2018, Water & Wastes Digest, Projects of the Year - Ellwood Water Treatment Plant
- Platinum Award, 2016, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York, Engineering Excellence Awards-Village of Northport Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Upgrades, Northport, New York
- National Rehabilitation Project of the Year, 2015, Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Annual Awards Program-Gilboa Dam Rehabilitation, Town of Gilboa, New York
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award, 2015, Maryland Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Recognition and Awards Program-Towson Finished Water Reservoir, Baltimore, Maryland
- View All Industry Awards.
We break through the clutter and drive innovation. These are just some of our accomplishments in the last decade:
- Leader in roller-compacted concrete (RCC) dam technology with tallest RCC dam in North America
- The largest conventional drinking water treatment plant conversion to membrane filtration in the eastern U.S.
- The first U.S. LEED®-certified water treatment plant
- Upgrades to wastewater treatment plants across the Chesapeake Bay watershed to incorporate biological nutrient reduction.
Our dams and water professionals are active in local and national industry organizations. Many hold lead roles like these:
- Mike Brown, PE, Director, American Water Works Association
- Tony Elberti, PE, Committee Member and Event Coordinator, Water Environment Association-Pennsylvania
- Jessica Hou, PE, BCEE, Committee Member, American Water Works Association; Committee Member, Water Environment Federation
- Scott Hughes, PE, Division Trustee, American Water Works Association
- Mike Mehaffey, PE, Board Member, Water Quality Association-Central Pennsylvania
- Jamie Shambaugh, PE, Committee Member, Water Works Operators’ Association-Pennsylvania
- Fred Updegraff, PE, WWTPO, Secretary, Mid Atlantic Biosolids Association
- Ronald Jager, PE, Committee Member, Water Environment Federation