One of the best ways to ensure a smooth transition from the military to the civilian workplace is by finding an employer who will value your unique skills and understand and appreciate your service. Reviewing job boards specifically for veterans and reading job descriptions for preferences related to veteran status can be easy ways to start, but consider doing a deeper dive into how companies show they value veterans.
At Gannett Fleming, we know firsthand the immense advantage veterans bring to our team, and we’re active in recruiting them for rewarding careers with us in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry by:
- Participating in career fairs focused on veterans.
- Speaking and engaging in networking opportunities at barracks in our communities.
- Participating in programs to help veterans and their families, such as Stockings for Soldiers and Operation Ward 57.
We are also proud to have our Military Veterans at Gannett Fleming employee resource group, which is instrumental in:
- Creating a culture that recognizes the skills, contributions, and value that military veterans bring.
- Fostering veteran recruiting and career growth
- Supporting veterans and their families.
- Serving as a forum for veterans to interact and engage while providing Gannett Fleming with a competitive advantage in veteran recruitment, retention, and stakeholder relationships.
Additionally, we offer an apprenticeship program that allows veterans to learn valuable skills on the job while receiving the benefits and salary of a full-time employee.