Internal support programs are crucial to ensuring the well-being of our employees, and our military veterans, reservists, and guard members are top of mind for many of these programs.
One program that Gannett Fleming’s employees find valuable is our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Under the EAP, Gannett Fleming employees can access free, confidential counseling and referral services through an independently administered Life Assistance Program. This benefit can assist employees in resolving many work and life issues by providing referrals and connecting employees to resources to help them in their daily lives.
Gannett Fleming also offers employees many wellness benefits at little to no cost. Some of these programs include:
- A membership to the Calm app.
- Regular reimbursements for fitness trackers, fitness equipment, and gym memberships.
- Personalized health coaching.
We also acknowledge the responsibilities military spouses and family members face in supporting their loved ones in the military. We provide up to 26 weeks of unpaid leave to allow an employee to care for a family member (such as a spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin) who is:
- Receiving medical treatment.
- Recuperating from an illness or injury.
- Receiving therapy.
- Is an outpatient.
- Is on the temporary disability retired list for a serious, service-related injury or illness.
In addition, qualifying exigency leave provides up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to an employee for the qualifying, urgent, non-medical needs of a family member (such as the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent) who is a reservist or active-duty service member and deployed to a foreign country.
A qualifying exigency may include the following:
- Short-notice deployment.
- Military events and related activities.
- Childcare and school activities.
- Financial and legal arrangements.
- Non-medical counseling.
- Rest and recuperation.
- Post-deployment activities.
- Additional related activities agreed to by the company and employee.