Industrial wastewater engineering involves far more than end-of-pipe treatment. Our private industry clients must uphold environmental compliance while finding ways to save energy and water, recover product, lower surcharge fees, and reduce waste. We help you meet your goals through business-oriented solutions that integrate engineering, financial, environmental, and facilities management to reduce cost and resource impacts.
Complete Wastewater Solutions
Integrating expertise from across our firm, we deliver treatment solutions to food and beverage manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, rail operators, pulp and paper mills, power suppliers, mining companies, and other industrial clients. We specialize in water balances, metals reduction, waste segregation and minimization, pilot studies, process design, treatment systems, and asset management. Our modeling work for food and beverage clients includes demonstrations to obtain less stringent permit limitations and to illustrate the effectiveness of outfalls.
Using an environmentally sensitive approach, we focus on green infrastructure, energy recovery, water pollution control, and natural treatment technologies, such as an innovative organic cell reduction method to reduce metals in wastewater through constructed wetlands.
Industrial Wastewater Solutions
- Aerobic and anaerobic treatment systems
- Biological nutrient reduction and removal
- Industrial pretreatment
- Industrial wastewater treatment facilities
- Instrumentation and controls, SCADA programs
- Non-contact cooling water closed-loop systems
- Physical/Chemical treatment systems
- Regulatory compliance and Phase I audits
- Toxic control facilities
- Water quality and permitting.
Industrial Wastewater Services
- Design of aerobic and anaerobic treatment systems
- Design of industrial waste pretreatment systems
- Design of industrial wastewater treatment facilities
- Environmental permitting
- Feasibility and comparative cost studies
- Groundwater investigation and monitoring
- Modeling treatment processes and receiving waters
- Operations and management performance audits and manuals
- Operator training and assistance programs
- Performance audits and wastewater surveys
- Plant start-up and monitoring services
- SCADA programming
- Security and safety services
- Stormwater management
- Treatability studies and process evaluations.
Asset ManagementUsing the power of maps and spatial information technology, we help private industry professionals visualize, analyze, and leverage their data to make smarter, more-informed decisions. We enable system management through as-built drawings, providing detailed data of instruments and equipment, reports to display assets, permit status, maintenance logs, and more. Read more about Asset Management.