The basis of commissioning (Cx) is to provide a quality-based process with documented confirmation that building systems are planned, designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained in compliance with the owner's project requirements.
Gannett Fleming takes a holistic approach to commissioning. Processes, equipment, controls, and systems are put through a series of operational and performance testing requirements to ensure that project goals are met. We utilize a Web-based testing platform to capture testing data and track issues for resolution.
Our objective is to help streamline daily facility operations through quality training of facility staff and ensure optimal equipment performance via proper setpoint programming and energy-conscious facility operations. These methods help to improve maintenance staff efficiency.
Gannett Fleming’s goal for commissioning projects is to build a team environment by involving facility staff in the commissioning process early, so they become familiar with their new building and all the complex systems that go with it.
Sustainability is the cornerstone of our Cx services. Gannett Fleming’s commitment to the principles of sustainable design is demonstrated by our more than 65 personnel with LEED® Professional Credentials™.
Our professionals also hold memberships in the Building Commissioning Association (BCA) and the Associated Air Balance Council Commissioning Group (ACG). We employ Certified Commissioning Authorities, Commissioning Technicians, and an accredited Qualified Commissioning Process Provider.
The types of Cx services we provide include LEED fundamental, enhanced commissioning, re-commissioning, continuous commissioning, retro-commissioning, and building envelope testing. We also provide:
- New facility occupancy coordination
- Operation and maintenance manual review
- Warranty phase issue resolution
- Start-up and equipment testing
- Facility efficiency audits.
Building information modeling is an innovative tool that we use to facilitate Cx projects, ranging from sophisticated mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to audio-visual networks.
Gannett Fleming appreciates the opportunity to team with so many diverse clients. Representative clients include:
- GRTC Transit System, Richmond, Va.
- Exelon Power, Conowingo, Md.
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Londonderry School, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Clarke County High School, Berryville, Va.
- Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa.
- New Jersey Turnpike Authority, Woodbridge, N.J.
- New York City Transit Authority, New York, N.Y.
- Metro-North Railroad, New York, N.Y.
- Washington County Library, Hagerstown, Md.